The Apollo 55000-317APO Series 65 Conventional Optical Smoke Detector is ideal as a fire detection solution to many applications and can be used with most modern conventional fire alarm panels. The smoke detector features a pulsing LED which is situated within the housing of the detector. The external moulding of the detector is the same as those of the ionisation detector but has a indicator LED which is clear in quiescent state and produces a red light when the alarm has been raised.
The detector utilises a photo-diode at an obtuse angle. When smoke enters into the chamber the light pulse from the LED will be scattered and registered by the photo-diode. The detector will then go into alarm state and the indicator LED will light up.
- Ideal as a fire detection solution to many applications
- Can be used with most modern conventional fire alarm panels
- Pulsing LED situated within the housing of the detector
- LED indicator is in a clear quiescent state
- LED produces a red light when the alarm has been raised